4.09.2013

Great Ideas with Casters Rolling Around!


Lately I’ve been noticing all kinds of things rolling around the Internet with casters. I even created a “Casters” pinboard over on Pinterest to gather some of the best ideas.
Check out this fun little roundup!

PicMonkey Collage casters #

1. I just love the look of this DIY coffee table that Kevin & Layla from The Lettered Cottage created by adding casters to an old chicken crate for his parents’ back porch sitting area. Don’t you just want to curl up there with a good book?

2. Blueprint DIY-ed this fun ottoman from 2 chair cushions, a board and some casters. Quick and easy!

3. Lisa from A Vintage Vine added casters to this simple woven antique trunk for another fun and functional coffee table.

4. Little Pink Monster created a Serena and Lily $118 storage crates knock-off by adding casters to some old crates for rolling toy storage / coffee tables.

5. Better Homes and Gardens suggests adding casters to an suitcase for rolling under the bed storage in a small bedroom.

6. I love this super stylish, vintage-industrial rolling hamper available on House 8810.

7. If you’re into the idea of reclaiming pallets as furniture in your home, why not DIY a coffee table with a pallet and some casters? It would be so great to shift it around from the couch to some armchairs, wherever you want to put your feet up and relax for a while.

8. Another great idea is to recycle a crate or box by adding casters and using it for magazine or toy storage around the family room.

9. Ballard Designs currently sells the fabulous Hartman desk chair complete with casters.

10. Better Homes and Gardens suggests adding casters to a shoe cubby organizer at the back door for a handy seat to roll out and slip on your shoes.

11. I’ve long been a fan of the white Alex drawer unit on casters available at IKEA. It would be great for additional storage in an office or craft room.

12. Or use casters and other items to DIY a hardware kit for some salvaged barn doors.

After reviewing all these fun ideas, I’m thinking of adding casters to our hamper so it’s easier to get from the bathroom to the laundry room…and I’ve also considered adding casters to our island. What do you think? And have you added casters to anything lately?

6 comments:

Jerimi said...

What great ideas! When I lived alone, I put darn near everything on castors. It was the only way to move the heavy stuff by myself, when I wanted to rearrange. LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did
you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Bless you

my site: how much should i weigh calculator

Unknown said...

WOW ! what a great idea it is. I have only seen these material handling equipments named castors at warehouses and big factories for lifting loads or for transportation of machines. Really a great idea this is as its making the moving of heavy furniture an easy task.

Unknown said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! Really nice post. Your post is expressing what I actually wanted to know, thanks a lot!packers and movers hyderabad

Unknown said...

thank you for giving information.Packers And Movers Hyderabad

Largo Small Appliance Repair said...

Hi thankss for posting this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...